1. Combine sugar and water in small sauce pan and bring to boil. Let sugar syrup cool and place in refrigerator
2. Hull strawberries and cut in quarters. Place in food processor with balsamic vinegar, sugar, and vanilla. Puree until smooth.
3. Strain puree to remove seeds (this is optional). Add 1 cup of chilled sugar syrup to puree.
4. Chill strawberry mixture a minimum of 4 hours. Overnight is best (you want it very cold).
5. Put mixture in ice cream maker and churn according to instructions. Remember to stir mixture before pouring into ice cream maker as the puree and sugar syrup will sometimes separate.